Little ostrich name
The young male ostrich is called the male, and the female is called the female and is combined with the female, two male, two female, male, female, and female. Finally, ostrich chicks reach maturity between the third to four years of age and can live between 50-75 years.
The alpha male ostrich, who is responsible for the ostrich herd, mates with the dominant female, and sometimes he may mate with the rest of the females in the pack. In a privileged position, the alpha male and the dominant female take turns to incubate the eggs.
Information about ostrich eggs and young
Here is some information about ostrich eggs and young:
- An ostrich egg is 15 cm long, 13 cm wide, and weighs 1.5 kg.
- Female ostriches lay between 7-10 eggs at a time.
- The ostrich chick is characterized by a rapid growth rate, increasing in length at a rate of 30 cm every month.
- Ostrich chicks can get around with their parents within a few days, and one of the parents extends his wing over the chicks to protect them from the sun and rain.
- When threatened by lunging, the male protects his chicks, extending his neck and opening his mouth to distract the attacker and allow the chicks and the mother to escape and look for hiding.
- The body of the ostrich chick is covered with a complex and prickly fluff that disappears when the chick reaches the fourth month of its life, and the distinctive feathers of adults begin to appear.
- The black and white plumage of male ostriches appears when they reach sexual maturity between the third or fourth year, while females have a light brown colour.