The name of the sound of the lamb
The sound of both sheep and sheep is called bleating. Their horns are more branched, and their tails are shorter, and their males do not have the beards that characterize sheep.
Breed of sheep
Sheep mate in the fall season, and the strongest males in the herd reserve the right to mate with ewes, and a female sheep gives birth to one or two lambs in the spring, and the lambs (Lambs) can walk several minutes after birth, and they are weaned After four to six months, they become sexually mature after a year and a half to five years, depending on the species.
General information about sheep
Here is some general information about sheep:
- Sheep are prevalent animals. It is estimated that there are more than ten thousand distinct breeds of domesticated sheep worldwide.
- The Argali sheep which lives in Central Asia, is the most significant type of sheep, with a height at the shoulder ranging between 90-125 cm, and a length between 120-190 cm and its weight reaches 185 kg.
- Male sheep live in a herd separate from the female herd called the bachelor’s herd, and it consists of 5-50 rams As for the female flock, which includes adult females and their young, its members range between 5-100 sheep.
- Male sheep fight each other for the flock’s leadership, and the fight may take several hours for one of the parties to announce its surrender.
- The stomach of the sheep consists of several chambers, as they are ruminants that re-ingest their food after chewing several times, which is a type of adaptation that enables them to digest cellulose more efficiently.
- The sheep will die within a short period if it falls on its back and cannot return to its normal position and stand on its legs.